BISMUTH Team Progress Report
15 March 2019 – 15 April 2019
Between emergencies and hot fixes, the team does go on with background and long term tasks.
Not all tasks can be worked on every month, not all lead to deliverables, but the team is hard working as ever.
Main completed task of this period was the official release of the Tornado Wallet as well as the Bismuth Whitepaper, V1.
When most crypto-currencies fill whitepapers with promises then try to get them work, we made it work first, then explained in the whitepaper what works and how.
Now, for the detailed report:
- Streamlining and detachment of database operations into separate module
Will allow for simpler core code and easier database backend management in future releases.
- New demo plugin, so node now supports custom commands (potential use for Hyperlane)
- Release of associated 035_client plugin
- New demo/experimental node plugin
- Hypernodes upgrade for some hosts that froze at PoW query – update 0.0.98d and pow_alternate_url
Addition of a new “pow_alternate_url” parameter for some hosts that were unable to query the pow chain on some heavy requests. This lighten the load a lot for nodes with low ressources.
See discord and ask for help if needed.
- Pos net stuck on block 76171, emergency patch 0.0.98e
- Update of Hypernodes status page with more efficient async code and improved check frequency
- improvements on the Hypernode cron and sentinel to effectively close stuck nodes
- Translations updates.
- Latest bugfixes
- First official release
- Play with termux on android – thanks to discord user Heavens. Tornado Wallet runs on Android.
- Listing and planning for Wallet future features
- Handle translations and BIS address gathering to thank translators for their involvement
Partnerships and external dev
- Upgrade of official BIS infrastructure with websocket wallet servers as well as secure wss:// endpoints, for html and mobile wallet clients being worked on
- Release of Whitepaper V1
- FAQs for the Tornado Bismuth Wallet – Backup, install, quick-start…
- Work on official whitepaper update
- New node plugin announce
- Video: How to upgrade your Hypernode
- New short hack with bis use case
- Added Hypernode Monitor code and tutorial
- How to for Termux + Tornado Wallet: run the Tornado wallet on android
- Light ongoing work on website re-org, nothing to be shown as for now.
- Cryptopia still is in recovery mode. We don’t have more info that what is public. The Cryptopia team is busy securing all assets. BIS is not at risk, process is ongoing, we’re confident.
Bis trading was re-activated on mars 19, wallet operations still are disabled.
- Tradesatoshi BIS users experienced issues with wallet not being sync, stuck withdrawals. We’re trying what we can to reach out and help Tradesatoshi sort out the issues, as well as directly map and consolidate users issues so they get their bis back. It’s a tough task that will need some time, but be assured we take that very seriously.
- QTrade.io is awesome as ever
- Vinex is active, support seems to be reactive, they just need some volume
- On going research, reach out, evaluation