“my Bismuth Wallet” mobile app
● You provide to, or is collected by, any third party.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about users of the App:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us in connection with the App
No personal information is required by us to use the app.
All private information you enter in the application (seed, pin, configuration options) are stored on your local device only and not transmitted to anyone.
● Automatically when you use the App.
When you use the App, we do not collect any type of personal information.
However, some information may be transmitted to third parties or become public for the need of proper service operation.
● IP Address and Bismuth Address.
When the application connects to a server in order to fetch required ledger information, the server has access to your public ip address as well as your query. This information is necessary for the legitimate interest of providing the service. This does not leak more information than when you query your balance on the web explorer. We do not control all of the servers you can connect to. Depending on the server, logs can be kept or not, for a variable period of time. You have the possibility to run a custom server you host yourself if you want to avoid any information being transmitted to third party. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, you may have the right under certain laws and regulations to object to such processing and may contact us to inform us of your objection via email at email@example.com
● Your transaction history is immutably recorded in the Public Bismuth network.
This transaction history is a feature of the Bismuth network. No personal information is collected nor stored on the network. Only Bismuth addresses and their transaction data are recorded, with no relationship to any personal information being added by Bismuth itself.
By construction, there is no possible way to remove a transaction once it has been included as part of the blockchain.
Clarifications Regarding Certain Information We Do Not Collect or See
● A “Wallet Seed” is a unique code that is provided to you by the App, through its direct interaction with the Bismuth network (i.e., without our involvement), when you first create a new wallet on the Bismuth network (a “Wallet”) using the App. Your Wallet Seed is the only way for you to recover your Wallet on the Bismuth network and access any Bismuth currency or token that you store in your Wallet. Your Wallet Seed is stored on your device and is never sent to us or any third party. Therefore, you are solely responsible for the security and safeguarding your Wallet Seed. We do not record, store or have access to your Wallet Seed and we cannot recover it for you if you lose it.
● Any Bismuth currency or token that you choose to hold, store, manage, receive, send or transmit using the App, and any balance or transaction information relating to it, are never held, stored, known, managed, received, sent or transmitted by us. You are solely responsible for the security and privacy of your own Bismuth currency and information relating to it.
● We do not track the location of your device through the App.
● We do not collect your name or contact information through the App.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you through the App to:
● Provide you with, operate and maintain the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
● Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
Disclosure of Your Information
In addition, we may disclose information (including, without limitation, personal information) that we collect or you provide to us:
● To fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provide it;
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
● With your consent;
● To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. While we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted or collected through the App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide and will not have any liability for disclosure of your personal information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission or collection.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the App has given you a Wallet Seed, you are solely responsible for keeping this Wallet Seed confidential, as it can be used to access your Wallet and any Bismuth currency or token you store in your Wallet. You should not share your Wallet Seed with anyone. We do not receive, collect, record, store or have access to your Wallet Seed and we cannot recover them for you if you lose them.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this policy by contacting me at the following mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is effective January 18, 2021