15 August 2019 – 15 September 2019
This month has witnessed great strides in progressing towards a decision in deciding the future monetary policy of Bismuth. With the release of the initial Bismuth Governance Vote, individuals within the community can soon vote upon the future emission schedule of the platform using a novel approach designed by the Bismuth Foundation. Along with the governance shift, there have been other notable updates which will be highlighted below.
Current node version is stable.
- Improvements to peers handling and related error logging.
- Planning for futures core improvements.
More work on hypernodes performance and stability.
- Leaking sockets bug fixed.
- Updates and fixes to the auto installer, thanks to users feedback.
- One performance bottleneck clearly identified.
- Research, test and benchmarks to select a faster replacement library for PoS crypto, while keeping the compatibility to avoid a hard fork.
- Release of v0.0.99g with significant performance improvement.
- Adjustment of the PoS network parameters for smoother operations.
Infrastructure & Ecosystem
- More improvements to Json-Rpc server
- Update of node and json-rpc server Docker images, alpha 1.4.
The Governance shift is the main event this month.
- Bismuth listed on VGate and Finexbox post, short dive.
- Video: how to use ViteX decentralized exchange.
- First draft of a bounty for e-commerce add-on. Tweet found here.
- Announcement of the Shift toward governance Part 1.
- Part 2, description of a novel voting protocol avoiding issues with classic protocols like Ethereum’s approach.
- First Chess tournament, with $BIS rewards, to take place.
- Governance motion and its options
Research & Mid-Term Development
- Ongoing work on stealth tokens.
- Still ongoing integration on a new exchange.
Most of the work was related to the governance and voting protocol.
- Attempts to reconcile protagonists views about governance and potential chain metrics change.
- Research about other chains, game theory, futarchy, bribe attacks.
- Draft specs of the Bismuth Voting protocol for Governance.
- Small steps toward hardware wallets for BIS.
- Assistance and architecture design for a Bismuth use-case on top of Hypernodes.